AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB), a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world, has added prominent keynote speakers to Works With 2020 (silabs.com/workswith), the defining smart home technology conference livestreaming for free to thousands of engineers, developers and product managers worldwide, September 9 - 10.
Works With attendees will get to hear from the following IoT innovators, all of whom are playing a lead role in moving the smart home industry forward:
- Jamie Siminoff, founder & chief inventor of Ring will be a featured keynote speaker on September 10 (10:00 am EDT / 7:00 am PDT). Siminoff plans to discuss his experience inventing Ring, what's happening across the growing Ring ecosystem, and Amazon's promising Sidewalk effort.
A lifelong inventor and successful entrepreneur, Jamie Siminoff serves as the Founder and Chief Inventor of Ring. Jamie created the world's first Wi-Fi video doorbell while working in his garage in 2011. The company, then called DoorBot, has since transformed into what's now known as Ring, a security company that offers several DIY home security products and services, including the popular Ring Video Doorbell. Although much has changed since the company's inception, Jamie remains focused on fulfilling Ring's mission of making neighborhoods safer.
- Joshua Danovitz, general manager, Amazon Common Software (ACS), is a keynote panelist, discussing the developer journey on September 9 (10:00 am EDT / 7:00 am PDT). Danovitz leads the product and development team for ACS, the technology that makes it faster for developers to integrate Amazon Device SDKs in the smart home devices of the future. Amazon launched a preview of ACS earlier in 2020.
- Grant Erickson, principal software engineer at Google, will speak September 9 (10:00 am EDT / 7:00 am PDT). Erickson oversees Google's technical development of software designed to support Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread, Wi-Fi, and Nest Weave.
- Jim Kitchen, vice president for connected home devices & platforms at Comcast, will also speak on September 9 (10:00 am EDT / 7:00 am PDT). Kitchen is responsible for all IoT/automation devices on Comcast's national Xfinity Home & Xfinity Automation deployments.
- Stacey Higginbotham, veteran technology journalist and IoT expert, will moderate a panel on Project for Connected Home over IP (CHIP). The panel will take place September 9 (2:00 pm EDT / 11 am PDT).
- Amazon Lab126's Chris DeCenzo, principal software engineer, Ramez Abulazm, senior solutions architect, and Erwan Le Roy, principal solutions architect, will discuss a variety of Alexa programs designed to help developers build great smart home devices. Topics include improvements to security and reliability for Zigbee devices, simplifying the out-of-box experience using Frustration Free Setup, reducing software development cost using Amazon Common Software (ACS) for devices, innovative new device interaction opportunities using Alexa Gadgets, and ways to improve the smart home device purchase experience for consumers using Works with Alexa badging. Their technical tracks are September 9 (11:00 am EDT / 7:00 am PDT and 5:30 pm EDT / 2:30 pm PDT).
- Fritz Werder, North American general manager of Tuya Smart, will discuss how Tuya's IoT developer platform dramatically improves time-to-market, profitability, and customer satisfaction. His session will take place September 10 (12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT)
What: Works With Smart Home Virtual Developer Conference hosted by Silicon Labs
When: September 9 - 10, 2020. On-demand replays will be made available following the event to registered attendees.
Where: Works with is a fully virtual smart home developer conference. Registration is free and can be done at silabs.com/workswith.
Who: Works With brings together the people, platforms and protocols that make up today's growing smart home industry. Works With attendees can expect smart home announcements and fresh industry perspective on smart home IoT consumer technology from IoT industry leaders including Amazon, Comcast, Google, Tuya Smart and many other IoT smart home ecosystem innovators.
Members of the press and industry analysts are invited to participate in a briefing and Q&A session September 9 from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm EDT / 8:30 am – 9:30 am PDT. Please visit silabs.com/workswith and register to attend as media or analyst. For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Works With, or Silicon Labs, contact email@example.com.
About Silicon Labs
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. Our award-winning technologies are shaping the future of the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. Our world-class engineering team creates products focused on performance, energy savings, connectivity and simplicity. silabs.com
This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on Silicon Labs' current expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For a discussion of factors that could impact Silicon Labs' financial results and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, please refer to Silicon Labs' filings with the SEC. Silicon Labs disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Note to editors: Silicon Labs, Silicon Laboratories, the "S" symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Silicon Labs