Silicon Labs Unveils the Future of Secure Wireless Connectivity at Embedded World
-- Discover the Latest Innovations Simplifying Smart Home, Commercial and Industrial IoT Development --
AUSTIN, Texas – Jan. 28, 2020 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB), a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter more connected world, will showcase its latest wireless IoT connectivity and security solutions for smart home, commercial and industrial IoT applications at Embedded World 2020. Through interactive demonstrations, live Speakers’ Corner presentations on the hour and technical conference sessions, attendees will learn how to simplify development and accelerate time-to-market for secure, scalable, low-power connected products that work with any smart ecosystem or wireless protocol.
“Embedded World is the industry’s foremost venue for showcasing new embedded technologies that make the world smarter, more connected – and secure,” said Megan Lueders, chief marketing officer at Silicon Labs. “This year, Silicon Labs will demonstrate our latest IoT connectivity solutions that drive everything from smart homes to smart factories to smart cities.”
Silicon Labs Demos at Booth 4A-128, Hall 4A
Join Silicon Labs at Booth 4A-128 to experience the future of IoT connectivity. Hands-on demonstrations and live speaker’s corner presentations held hourly will highlight the following:
- Accurate Indoor Asset Tracking – See the world’s most advanced Bluetooth indoor asset tracking solution from Quuppa combined with tags based on Silicon Labs’ ultra-low-power Series 2 Bluetooth devices, enabling sub-one-meter accuracy.
- Low-Power and Secure Bluetooth 5.2 – Discover the latest ultra-low-power BG22 Series 2 SoCs enabling connected Bluetooth Low Energy devices, low-power Bluetooth mesh nodes, and best-in-class direction finding applications.
- Preventative Maintenance Using Machine Learning Algorithms – Unlock the power of intelligence at the edge for industrial IoT applications. This preventative maintenance demo uses IoT-optimized algorithms from Cartesiam running on Thunderboard Sense.
- Secure Smart Home with Easy Setup – Learn how Z-Wave SmartStart commissioning and S2 security technology enable ultra-low-power devices to be pre-provisioned to a smart home gateway, streamlining the installation of secure connected products.
- Works with Multiple Ecosystems – Learn how Silicon Labs is simplifying the smart home with multiprotocol connectivity featuring Zigbee and Bluetooth Low Energy. This single-chip wireless solution makes it easier to set up and control smart home devices.
Silicon Labs’ connectivity, security and embedded experts will deliver the following presentations:
- “Benefits of an Integrated Secure Element for IoT Applications,” 9:30 - 10:00, Session 4.3 I Functional Safety & Security III - Hardware Security I
- “Powering the 5G Revolution with Power over Ethernet,” 11:30 - 12:00, Session 5.2 Hardware II - Power & Data
- “Designing for Ultra-Low-Power Bluetooth Communication,” 12:00 - 12:30, Session 2.3 I Connectivity III - Bluetooth I
- “Security is Not Free: Understanding the Hidden Costs of Securing Connected Devices,” 14:00 - 14:30, Session 4.3 II Functional Safety & Security IV - Hardware Security II
- “Beyond the Data Sheet: Calculating Battery Life for Wireless IoT Devices,” 15:00 - 15:30, Session 5.3 Hardware III - Power Supply
- “Bluetooth Indoor Direction Finding Brings a New Dimension to Indoor Asset Tracking,” 16:30 - 17:00, Session 2.3 II Connectivity IV - Bluetooth II
- “Juggling Multiple IoT Protocols,” 9:30 - 10:00, Session 2.5 Connectivity VI - Wireless Communication
- “Understanding DPA Threads and Counter-Measures to Safeguard IoT Devices, 10:30 - 11:00, Session 4.5 Functional Safety & Security V - Hacking & Post Quantum Security
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. Our award-winning technologies are shaping the future of the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. Our world-class engineering team creates products focused on performance, energy savings, connectivity and simplicity. silabs.com
Connect with Silicon Labs
Silicon Labs PR Contact: Dale Weisman +1-512-532-5871, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Silicon Labs at news.silabs.com, at blog.silabs.com, on Twitter at twitter.com/siliconlabs, on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/siliconlabs and on Facebook at facebook.com/siliconlabs.
Note to editors: Silicon Labs, Silicon Laboratories, the “S” symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.